Inventory Unit Detail
2008 Yamaha Stratoliner S
White River Powersports
The award-winning Stratoliner S is the chrome-clad, 113 cubic-inch V-twin powered neo-streamlined cruiser with locking sidebags, detachable windshield and passenger backrest.
- The Stratoliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
- A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, detachable windshield and a detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner S excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- The Star Motorcycles flagship and Cruising Rider Magazine's 2006 Bike of the Year is designed to show and go like no other cruiser before it, with big power and great handling.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, including the first seamless gas tank fitted to a Star, gives the Stratoliner S a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
- A resculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod 48-degree V-twin has the massive looks and performance to make the Stratoliner the king of the Star family.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep it smooth but rumbly.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; a wide-angle 12-hole fuel injector provides excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000 rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner's power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike's streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut chrome covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in polished clamps carries the Stratoliner S's switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Seamless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong and light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner S.
- Classic clock-style instrumentation complements Stratoliner S's neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multi-reflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, a removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, detachable passenger back-rest provide security.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
- Engine Type: 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.48:1
- Carburetion: Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor
- Ignition: TCI
- Transmission: 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Belt
- Frame: Aluminum monoshock
- Suspension/Front: 46mm telescopic fork; adjustable preload, 5.1-in travel
- Suspension/Rear: Single shock; 4.3-in travel
- Brakes/Front: Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
- Brakes/Rear: Hydraulic disc, 320mm
- Tires/Front: 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear: 190/60-17
- Wheels: 12-spoke cast
- Length: 101.6 in
- Width: 43.3 in
- Height: 59.6 in
- Seat Height: 28.9 in
- Wheelbase: 67.5 in
- Ground Clearance: 6.1 in
- Dry Weight: 758 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 113 cu. in. (1854 cc) air-cooled 48 deg. V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
- 1854 cc (113 cu. in.)
- Bore and Stroke
- 100 x 118 mm
- Air Cooled
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor
- Front Suspension
- 46 mm telescopic fork; adjustable preload, 5.1 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Dual hydraulic disc, 298 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 320 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 67.5 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 758 lbs
- 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Black Cherry/Charcoal Silver (Dark Metallic Red) and Pearl White (Bluish White)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)